Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dengue fever : impotent government

My cousine brother was admitted in hopital owing to perssistant fever and low blood platelete count, it was diagnosed as Dengue, initially I thought that it was one of those cases but back in the hospital Blood bank I saw quueue of people donating blood for getting blood platelete extraceted from it when I went to donate blood myself for my cousine.
And official figures of government are no where near panic as they maintain 5-6 cases status, where as only in this particular hospital (Shekahar nursing home) there were more then 15 people who were suffering from the dreaded disease, the blood platelete count drops sudenly with liver malfunction, faver, nasal bleeding.
Till date no fumigation is carried out in the area by the government authorities and numbers of affected is kept low officially.I wonder where this kind of governence is taking our people when they don't bother to take care of public health which is minimum they could do, all they did is they made sure that preventive measures are taken in VIP areas where ministers are residing, civil servats have become the rulers - democracy is gone for a toss.
The hospital I referred is not one of the major hospital like district hospital this one is privately run hosptal exact figures would be close to full blown epidemic.
No wonder if in near future we see that W.H.O or some other agency declare India as dengue affected country its only matter of time now.

No comments: